Sunday, January 23, 2011

Positive Influences (I like this!)

"Strange that I had not realized before but it is not as a young woman encourages a young man to go on a mission that her greatest influence is felt. Rather it is through her actions as she reveals her commitment and testimony to the gospel of Jesus Christ and gives evidence through her power and influence in the advancement of good."

Do the young men you associate with know that you have a standard of excellence from which you will not depart?

Do they know by what you say and and do that you honor and respect your parents?

Do they know that you follow the counsel of the leaders of the church?

Do the know you will delay dating until after you are 16 because a prophet of the Lord has given that direction?

By your actions to they know that you have made up your mind to be good and that you will not weaken? Can they look to you friendship to gain confidence and respect for themselves?

Will your language, your dress, your choice of entertainment, music, books and movies help the young men who associate with you develop admiration and respect for womanhood?

Can they see in you the refinement and sweetness that encourage an attitude of reverence, respect, and honor for that sacred calling?

( Ardeth G Kapp, "By the Way She Is"New Era Sept_1976 pp10-12)
_______________

So I get hand outs at church consistently which I love, but I think out of all of them, I have kept this the longest. I want who I am friends with know that I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints and I have a testimony of the gospel of Jesus Christ. I hope that I will always be able to answer yes to these questions and lead by example.


No comments: